Thursday, July 26, 2007

Organic Calendula OIl for Herbal Soaps



~Spooky's enjoying the Summertime Rays~


Instead of just drying Calendula flowers this year, I decided to make Calendula oil as well. I planted a large crop of organic Calendula seeds (Johnny seeds company) early this spring and I'm very pleased with the results.

I picked the flowers first thing in the morning, choosing only the healthy newly open buds. I washed them and made sure they were completely dried before filling a sterile jar of extra virgin olive oil with them. The jar of Calendula Oil was left on the window sill for only a few days, then I strained and discarded the flowers and keep the oil stored in the refrigerator.I'll be adding this Organic Calendula Oil to my Homemade Soaps & Salves.



Calendula is well known for it's healing properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment