Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nacho's Anyone?

Another drive home with supper on my mind....something easy, something yummy, something comforting....Nachos!! And of course Fresh guacamole goes PERFECT with Nachos!

The first time I made guacamole was just a few months ago. My step-dad was going on vacation and he gave me a few avocados that he didn't want to go to waste...So I came up with this recipe (all on my own ~~ ok, its ridiculously easy) and I think it's worthy of sharing :)

Andrea's Guacamole Recipe



2 Avocados
1 Medium tomato
1 Lime ( Key Lime if available)
1/2 Red onion
Handful of fresh Cilantro
Crushed Sea Salt & Pepper

Peel, pit and Mush up the Avocados. Chop the tomato, onion and cilantro. Squeeze the lime and gently mix all together. Season with crushed sea salt & pepper. Super Easy & Super Delicious!

Cilantro is a beautiful herb that I grow in the vegetable & flower gardens. I'll use the fresh leaves when the plant is young for cooking and I also enjoy the delicate white flowers that it has as it goes to seed. The seed are called "coriander" seeds. Those are used in pickling spice~ It's really Two Herbs in One!

And of course this is the time of year to make salsa because the tomatoes are ripening. I have a few golden cherry tomato plants that reseeded themselves from last year. They decided to grow in the White Sage section and of course when they are "surprises" I let them grow where they want :)



Easy Nachos to go with your Guacamole~
Brown hamburg or ground turkey w/ taco seasoning, place in the middle of a plate, top w/ cheddar cheese and then surround that with chopped lettuce and tomatoes from the garden. Scoop everything up with blue organic corn chips and top with sour cream, salsa and that Yummy Guacamole you just made! They'll think you slaved over this dish :)

1 comment:

  1. Now that looks YUMMY! My sister makes good guacamole, and I think I'll have to try making it with your recipe..

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete