Friday, June 8, 2007

Flower Arrangements~Crow's Nest Primitive Shoppe

What a beatiful time of year! I forgot how much I enjoy making cut flower arrangements. Here's some peonies, valerian, coreopsis and bridal bush I just brought into the house. They smell wonderful!!



For the past few years I've been able to pick buckets full of flowers in the morning, bring them into work and make arrangements to sell. I just use mason jars as vases- it works out great! Whatever I don't sell get's dried and turned into Potpourri~

I thought I'd share some pictures of the fields as well. Everything looks so green & healthy you can't help but feel good:)



1 comment:

  1. The peonies are so easy to dry and look great displayed in a bowl with other potpourri~ All you have to do is cut some of the flowers that are starting to wilt or turn brown, lay them on a piece of cardboard or screen and keep them in a well ventilated place. I like to turn them over every day or so to make sure they get enough air. Another way you can dry them is just cut the flowers with some of the branch on them and then hang them to dry. The flowers don't turn out as big because they shrink up from hanging, but they still look nice~~ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete